K-Tec

Suggestion for website links-only forum

More
18 years 9 months ago #14038 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Suggestion for website links-only forum

Didn't we already have a page like this?...:?

www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...223921-ifaslinks.htm

Perhaps if this was just updated and a link to it on the IFAS homepage to make it easier to find?...

there you go seanie! Jim already has it done for you. now perhaps between you if you could keep it up to date and perhaps Bart could put it up in the resources section and tie it in (look and feel) with the rest of the site?

Cheers,
~Al (no work for me here is there? no? good. carry on!)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 9 months ago #14039 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Suggestion for website links-only forum
Hhmmm... didn't know that page was there! That is one problem sorted! Another is that I still can't find the sites I know were posted on these boards from a search, and are also not listed on that page.
Also, that links page is not linked or listed in the Resources section... Hence why I probably didn't know about it.

So whats the feedback guys? It doesn't mattter to me either way, but I personally would like to have a links section...

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 9 months ago #14040 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Suggestion for website links-only forum
Having the links on a board makes them easier to manage so I would suggest adding the links from that file into threads on the new board.

The long term plan is a nice hierarchical system for links that users can add to like the files section but that will require me to get some spare time and right now I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 9 months ago #14046 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Suggestion for website links-only forum
seanie. most of the time (when i remember :roll: ) i copy the links to a text file i have for updating my page. I have plans to create a new links section on my site once i have it up and running with an astronomy section and i'll be giving a copy of this for inclusion here.

any help just ask.

Jim

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 9 months ago #14047 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Suggestion for website links-only forum

seanie. most of the time (when i remember :roll: ) i copy the links to a text file i have for updating my page. I have plans to create a new links section on my site once i have it up and running with an astronomy section and i'll be giving a copy of this for inclusion here.

any help just ask.

Jim

Thanks Jim! By the way, I have linked to your document as a short term measure anyway. Thanks for the hard work on it!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 9 months ago #14054 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Suggestion for website links-only forum

Having the links on a board makes them easier to manage so I would suggest adding the links from that file into threads on the new board.

The long term plan is a nice hierarchical system for links that users can add to like the files section but that will require me to get some spare time and right now I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

I dont see how having the board makes it easier to administer or use. Having seanie upload a single page to the files section and have a script copy it into the resources section as the links page wouldnt require much administration, and users could actually look at the links rather than having to search through the fourm to find them.

A hierarchical system is overkill when we just need a plain simple links page.

Sorry folks, I really think a links fourm is a waste of time and we need a simple links page under Resources (on that banner at the top of the page).

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds