K-Tec

Add a "Skype" field in profile?

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 3 months ago #22472 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Add a "Skype" field in profile?

Could we not just have a single thread for people to add there names?

There is one seen here Conor, but that will get lost over time and sink into the depths of lost threads... :D

I thought that the addition of a Skype field would be handy. I know Steve what youre talking about, but as (I think) Skype is going to come as a standard addition to the new Windows Vista, it will soon overtake GoogleTalk (never seen, let alone, used it) and the other, lesser known ones.

If there's a field for AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, and MSN, then why not Skype when the code allows?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 3 months ago #22474 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Add a "Skype" field in profile?

It's a good idea for the future but I wouldn't consider it a high priority just right now. For now I'd suggest anyone who wants to give out their skype details add it to their signatures.

Bart.

Can signature length also be extended?

I'm reluctant to do so. The last thing I want is more space on a thread being taken up by signatures than by actual content of posts!

Bart.

But it would only make these boards appear a tad more colourful! Thats no harm, is it? The current character length restriction is not very generous to make a nice signature that people can use to reflect their personalities, or whatever (Mods are there to moderate even signature content). Look at other boards you subscribe to - colourful and funny signatures would definitely boost the eye-candy value of these boards! :D

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 3 months ago #22476 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Add a "Skype" field in profile?

It's a good idea for the future but I wouldn't consider it a high priority just right now. For now I'd suggest anyone who wants to give out their skype details add it to their signatures.

Bart.

Can signature length also be extended?

I'm reluctant to do so. The last thing I want is more space on a thread being taken up by signatures than by actual content of posts!

Bart.

But it would only make these boards appear a tad more colourful! Thats no harm, is it? The current character length restriction is not very generous to make a nice signature that people can use to reflect their personalities, or whatever (Mods are there to moderate even signature content). Look at other boards you subscribe to - colourful and funny signatures would definitely boost the eye-candy value of these boards! :D

Seanie.

It's exactly because of nasty experiences on other boards that I am fond of short signature lengths. QUALITY not quantity! If people start having essays as sigs it won't achieve anything because people will just ignore the sigs and all it will do is clutter up every single thread and have people needlessly scrolling ad-nausium for no gain.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds