K-Tec

now I'm getting 2 notification emails for posts

More
17 years 3 months ago #38520 by jhoare
There is another possibility. When downloading email from a POP3 server you can get two or more copies of the same emails if you set up your client to download more frequently than the server can service your requests.

Some mail clients will only run one download session at a time; however some can run several in parallel because they are designed to connect to multiple accounts. The first download must be allowed to finish, which marks messages on the server as downloaded, before the next download starts otherwise you will receive duplicates. That would be an ISP/mail client problem and not an issue with the IFAS website and can be fixed by reducing the frequency of your mail downloads. However if the mail headers show that two or more messages were indeed sent separately from the website then Seanie's explanation applies.

John

Better that old people should die of talk than to have young people die in war.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dave_lillis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 3 months ago #38522 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: now I'm getting 2 notification emails for posts
and now there is a A&S duplicate thread in the product review forum which no one seems to be able to merge...
I think we need to take BBM off as a mod and get some more active people in there.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds