K-Tec

The new website - A failure or success.

More
15 years 2 months ago #76672 by darragh
Replied by darragh on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
Hey,

I suppose I haven't had much time in recent months to do a lot of work with the forum as I changed job and recently setting up a camera club is taking up a lot of my time but they are all starting to settle down now, so I will be able to put at least 2-3 hours a week into the forum.
With putting in this much time, we should have a lot of issues resolved within a few weeks.
Anyway, this is not a one man show, Bart and Seanie also do a whole lot of work here as well, so they should be appreciated too.

I haven't been at an observing session cause the circuitry for the declination motor on my mount is broken but I am hoping it will be fixed soon and I'll be out again soon, I've been missing the stargazing for a while now :-(

Darragh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #76797 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
Goodness, I picked a heck of a week to go on vacation... ;)

I'd say that the highest priority items would be:

• re-enabling the new post email notification (for those who want it)
  • encouraging the posting of in-line images (whether hosted off-site or not)

• It sounds like the first is being actively worked, and there's no reason we can't pursue the second, is there? (There may still be some bugs in the site to work out there, such as the need to delete the size attributes on the images.)

As for the "tone" issues, I'm not sure what to say. In the past I've certainly said less than I might for fear of being labelled a complainer. And an off-topic forum does seem like a more benign way to handle non-astronomy posts. But keep in mind that those observations are from an ex-patriot yank who doesn't entirely grok Irish culture to begin with, so they may or may not be relevant.

I should stop there, but I'll play the brash American and go on: I'm a fan of Seannie's humor. Really, I am. But... (there's always a but, isn't there?), if I had worked long and hard on a sketch and entered it in a competition and had it placed next to peas and beans, well, I'd probably have been offended. For whatever that's worth. <shrug>?

Cheers,
    -- Jeff.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
    Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
    APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

More
    15 years 2 months ago #76798 by jeyjey
    Replied by jeyjey on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
    Oh... I forgot to mention: the new weather page rocks.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
    Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
    APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

More
    15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #76800 by Seanie_Morris
    Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
    jeyjey wrote:

I should stop there, but I'll play the brash American and go on: I'm a fan of Seannie's humor. Really, I am. But... (there's always a but, isn't there?), if I had worked long and hard on a sketch and entered it in a competition and had it placed next to peas and beans, well, I'd probably have been offended. For whatever that's worth. <shrug>?

Granted, I do use humour a lot (the Canadian in competition with the Yank here!), and it's never meant to offend, but I am pleased to see that you, and David Brannigan, made your feelings felt about that month's photo competition and the way I seem to have portrayed it. Apologies guys, no offence meant (even though I know you know that). David, it was a very worthy picture, but I guess my humour just needs to be put in check now and again! B)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
    Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
    Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
    Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

More
    15 years 2 months ago #76805 by philiplardner
    Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
    jeyjey wrote:

Oh... I forgot to mention: the new weather page rocks.

Thank You! :P

Phil.

More
    15 years 2 months ago #76818 by bertthebudgie
    Replied by bertthebudgie on topic Re:The new website - A failure or success.
    Hi Seannie

I know no malice was meant by it. Hopefully the new Astrphoto competition will have plenty of entries and look forward to seeing all the best images as before
    :)

DB

Eqipment
    Lx90 8' SCT, UHC Narrowband filter
    SPC900 Webcam, Atik 16ic
    Astrozap Dew Heater
    Meade eyepieces &amp; barlows 9,26 and 32mm
    Moonfish 32mm 2&quot;

&quot;Always pass to the man in space&quot;

Moderators: darragh
    Time to create page: 0.118 seconds