K-Tec

First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014

• Roy Stewart
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
More
9 years 7 months ago #101969 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
So the feedback is already coming, like that..
Okay the vibe im getting is yer open to any dates. .
i will wait for a few more to sound off on this and then we'll move on it and get it rolling again. .
@lino, listen to Michael, i have a munster season ticket every year
and getting a chance to view the Autumn-Winter constellations from Ballinskelligs is worth missing 1 match for. We can catch it at the local bar..lol

Cheers Roy

#ClearSkies #LunarNut #LoveTheSkelligsSkies

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #101973 by manic_dave
Replied by manic_dave on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Have to say that the summer Milky Way is the main pull to go down.
Skies are darker than anywhere in Ireland. Would be a shame to miss that.

But if October is the time I'll go along anyway.

Kerry Dark Sky have an event next year too. Might be going down twice !

www.skelligstarparty.com
Europe's Darkest Skies
Top 4 Locations in the world to Stargaze by Paste Magazine.

More
9 years 7 months ago #101978 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Any weekend you can gaurantee clear skies (or a well stocked bar) and i'm in.

Sean

More
9 years 7 months ago #101991 by stevie
I have to agree that the summer Milky Way is a big attraction, but whatever everyone else agrees to, we will probably all be down again.

More
9 years 6 months ago #101999 by john5
Weather always seems to be good in September and would love to enjoy more of Kevin's outdoor barbie so that's my vote.
October not bad either!

John rumstealer!

• Roy Stewart
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #102000 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Hi guys and gals..

Sept is totally out of the question as the BSP is taking place on the new Moon dates then and it wouldn't be right to hold it the same time as I am not out
to spoil anyone's star party.. So it would be either early August or Oct and my vote is for Oct with astronomical twilight starting around 8.45pm.. But Aug has the best chance of weather playing ball and summer BBQ's are always nice.. I need to set the dates as early as we can so we can get it Stickied here on the IFAS forums..

Cheers Roy

#ClearSkies #LunarNut #LoveSkelligsLodgeSkies

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds