K-Tec

Future of the IFAS forum

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #112309 by Fermidox
Replied by Fermidox on topic Future of the IFAS forum
That is certainly a larger number than I was expecting Michael, based on the level of activity here. Thanks.

Finbarr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #112310 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Future of the IFAS forum
Hi All,

I can appreciate the need to question the value of the website, and I can acknowledge that it needs to be improved.

However, the IFAS forum is a great source of enjoyment and inspiration for me.

Whether it's reading or replying to observational reports; sharing my reports and sketches; finding out when there is a meet-up taking place or proposing one; or being notified of astronomical events; the IFAS forums are of great value to me. Sure, it was through the forum that I made not only connections in the community, but also friends.

For these reasons, it would be a great shame to see it gone. So if a new website is to be developed, I'd support it in any way I can to have a similar type of member's forum included in it.

That's my few cents good people.

Clear skies,
Darren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Fermidox

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #112313 by Neil40
Replied by Neil40 on topic Future of the IFAS forum
Hi Neill, I love your monthly guide. In fact it is the only guide I use these days. Even when I wasnt a member of the site I would Google your specific guide!
I hope to have access to it in the future whatever happens as I plan my observing around it. Thank you for the hard work youput into it. I really appreciate it.

Neil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #112314 by Neil40
Replied by Neil40 on topic Future of the IFAS forum
I can only use the quick reply also. Anyway I think it would be a pity if the forum's were gone.
Although I do understand that there is not of activity on the site. Personally I am a bit shy so I tend to lurk rather than interact a lot. That is something I would change going forward. I also think some of my astro images are just not good enough to post. Probably my shyness again!
As I said, like Darren I would like to see the forum stay.
I am a member of a Zwo group on Facebook and it is so impersonal. I never even look at that anymore.
However I know it takes work to keep the site going. So if there is a Facebook page set up I would be happy to join that or join whatever form the site takes on in the future.
I hope you are all well. And thanks for all the work you all put in.

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: donalmcnamara, flt158, Fermidox

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #112315 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Future of the IFAS forum
Hello everyone.
I too am greatly saddened that our favourite Irish Astronomy website is closing down.
Is that definite?
Those of us who have used it for many years have gotten to know one another and our equipment extremely well.
I have gotten to know some great people over the years - including Seanie Morris, Michael Murphy (an excellent imager), Paul Byrne, Dave Lillis, Ronan Newman, Darren Devereux, Finbarr (Fermidox), Keith Geary, John Flannery, Neill, Neil and scores of others.
I don't do Facebook because of its bad reputation.
I am always on www.cloudynights.com
But I always check daily my favourite Irish Astronomy website. It has always been an excellent resource to me.
Therefore to see it "snatched" away brings enormous sadness to me personally.
What are we to do?
We all detest change no matter where it comes from.
But if that's it, C'est la vie.

With deep protestations,

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: donalmcnamara, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
1 month 1 week ago #112318 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Future of the IFAS forum
Aw man, I too am sad to hear of this, I too am guilty of not posting as much as I used to, young family does that to you, but I too think removing the forum as a core part of the site would be taking away a large part of what we enjoy about the site.

Thanks to Michael and Co for all your efforts so far

Keith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds