• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 5 months ago #102304 by lunartic_old
Skywatcher Star Adventurer was created by lunartic_old
Hi guys

Does anyone know if there are any reviews of this mount out there on the web showing it in action and displaying actual images taken with it? I have searched the web and found a number of sites on youtube that show it being taken out of the box, a long review from Astronomy & Nature TV showing how it looks and how it's put together. I thought that it was strange that they did not review it in action, merely stating how it looks and feels, Stephen showed us a sample at a recent IAS meeting and it is a beautiful piece of kit, but I want to know how it performs in the field.

Christmas is coming and my better half is asking what I would like as a present, and this looks mighty tempting. :devil:

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #102308 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Skywatcher Star Adventurer
hi Paul,

The most recent edition of Canada's Sky News (astronomy) magazine had a short review of the Star Adventurer. I have a digital subscription with them and can check if I can print the article.

List of contents at www.skynews.ca/current/

John
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by johnflannery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lunartic_old

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 5 months ago #102309 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Skywatcher Star Adventurer
John, you're a prince. :rock:

The unit looks to be a winner, and with the number of different configurations of scope or camera, it is sure to appeal to a variety of different folks.

Man, this is so tempting. :S

Dear Santa

I've been a good boy, well apart from that incident in a pub in Ballinskelligs, but we don't need to go into that... :pinch:

I would like a bike and a ball and a Skywatcher Star Adventurer, and if you have room, an Astro-Physics 175mm Starfire and a 3600GTO mount.

Love to Mrs Claus, and Rudolph.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
9 years 5 months ago #102310 by tony h
Replied by tony h on topic Skywatcher Star Adventurer
Hi Paul,
I went ahead and bought a Star Adventurer from Stephen a little over a week ago. I have not had a chance to try it out yet due to the weather. Brought it to West Cork with me last week on a 3 day mini break to try it out but we were washed out. Only had a chance to use it indoors so far but looks a great piece of kit. Plan to use it with my 18mm-55mm lens and my 55mm-250mm, also use DSLR dashboard apt with my Nexus 7. Have it mounted on a fairly sturdy aluminium photo tripod, little or no vibration.

Looks to be clear tonight so fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 5 months ago #102311 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Skywatcher Star Adventurer
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about the mount, Tony, praying for clear skies.

Paul

Rich Cook

More
9 years 5 months ago #102314 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Skywatcher Star Adventurer
It looks like a lovely bit of kit.
Since I got my Polarie I have not set up my CGE mount once. So easy and quick to use and great results with the right lenses. Very travel friendly too.
Go for it. !

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds