K-Tec

Public relations, the Media and astronomy in Ireland

More
20 years 5 months ago #1079 by jhonan

As for money, you can spend as much or as little as you like to get the sponsored link on google, yahoo etc. will list you faster if you pay them, and dmoz.org is free but have never replied to any submission ive ever made :)

Yahoo is $200 to get listed. Google uses sponsored link ($$$) or adwords (pay per click). And, to be honest, they're the two most important places. All the other 'we submit your site to 1000 engines' are fairly worthless. Google accounts for the majority of the referrals (for all the websites I've created in the past anyway)

Keywords are only half the story. Google pagerank places heavy emphasis on how many sites are linking to your site. The google ranking calculation is fairly in-depth. It's a science in itself! The AI site has a fairly high link popularity rating.

Avoid link farms at all costs.

John.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #1106 by voyager
Hmm ... just checked and it would seem I have forgotten to put in the meta tags altogether ... so unlike me not to get my credit in!!!

I have fixed this glaring oversight now! That should help the search engines clasify us better. Mind you the most important thing in the rankings is the number of links TO us. This is why it is vital that all IFAS member clubs link to www.irishastronomy.org .

Bart B,
IFAS Webmaster.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
20 years 5 months ago #1112 by jhonan

Hmm ... just checked and it would seem I have forgotten to put in the meta tags altogether ... so unlike me not to get my credit in!!!

You think that's bad? - I remembered the meta tags over at mine, and got ranked okay. But it was only 2 nights ago I spotted I'd spelt it 'Irish Astromony' in the content tag... Doh! :roll:

John.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds