K-Tec

Web Strike - 1st of June

More
19 years 11 months ago #2931 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Web Strike - 1st of June

Anyway I dont think this discussion or poll, or a closedown has any place on this astronomy board. Especially since the draft proposal has collapsed and will not be revisited unbtil later in the year at the earliest.

Cheers,
~Al

The reason it's here al (and correct me if i'm wrong bart) was to ask if we on irishastronomy.org should join in the strike anf i think the pool speaks for itself.

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2932 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: Web Strike - 1st of June

Anyway I dont think this discussion or poll, or a closedown has any place on this astronomy board. Especially since the draft proposal has collapsed and will not be revisited unbtil later in the year at the earliest.

Cheers,
~Al

The reason it's here al (and correct me if i'm wrong bart) was to ask if we on irishastronomy.org should join in the strike anf i think the pool speaks for itself.

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2934 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Web Strike - 1st of June

So the IFAS now has a policy on european software patents?

There is an election coming up, take it up with your MEP's and concillors. We dont have a strike when our government wont join the ESO, won't fund a radiotelescope in Ireland, but we are willing to strike over this?

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 11 months ago #2935 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Web Strike - 1st of June

So the IFAS now has a policy on european software patents?

There is an election coming up, take it up with your MEP's and concillors. We dont have a strike when our government wont join the ESO, won't fund a radiotelescope in Ireland, but we are willing to strike over this?

Good point actually...

S.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 11 months ago #2937 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Web Strike - 1st of June
Hi,

Another point :)

If everyone else feels that this is worthy of a protest then could you just put a message on the main page or something. June1st is very close to June 8th and this site is listed in several places as the Irish amateur astronomy site, and contact point for the various clubs for the Venus transit so I really would not like to have people visiting a protest page (and then wandering off to astronomy.ie).

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
19 years 11 months ago #2939 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Web Strike - 1st of June
Another good point... actually...

:lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds