help wanted in Meath

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 4 months ago #8000 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: help wanted in Meath
this gets better all the time. maybe we should start MASS!
Bill.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #8003 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: help wanted in Meath
Bill - sounds like you could very well get a small business going here - 50c a cup? It'd soon buy you more eyepieces etc!

As regards the DSI, I seriously suggest you get onto the Yahoo message board. Loads of folks have had issues getting the DSI to work with their laptops. Me included.

Solutions have been posted that have worked for some, but unfortunately it seems not all. If you post your laptop setup details, I'm sure you'd get a response. And you can trawl thru the old messages.

I asked a techie question tonight and got the answer in 12 minutes! Its a good group. Here's the address - you'll need to register (free).

groups.yahoo.com/group/Meade_DSI/

Look forward to hopefully seeing you soon - shall I bring an insulated mug? I was thinking of Seanie Morris... :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Seanie - couldn't resist - if we all manage to meet up there I'll recompense you for such a cheap and inappropriate jibe :wink: )

Cheers

Dave

More
19 years 4 months ago #8004 by Patricia Maypother
Replied by Patricia Maypother on topic re: help wanted in Meath
Hi there, this is my first time to post anything so apologies for any faux pas! I am in Co. Laois and have a similar problem. I cannot get out to any meetings, and would appreciate help. My kids recently gave me a Celestron 4.5" which I am trying to learn to use. We have virtually zero light pollution apart from the odd car passing, and a relatively clear horizon all round and a large yard to mount telescopes. If anyone would be willing to give me a hand I can also offer hot soup, tea of coffee!!

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 4 months ago #8005 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: help wanted in Meath
Dave, I was thinking along the lines of €1 for soup and roll, €2.50 for a glass of whisk(e)y and all proceeds to the Tsunami appeal, and the first person to tell me the name of the orchid species which has an astronomical name (hint, it's an Odontoglossum ...) gets their soup free.
Thank goodness I have 3 acres, this might be a big turn out now that whisk(e)y is involved. :D :D :D

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
19 years 4 months ago #8006 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: help wanted in Meath
Patricia, in the absence of a gaggle (?) of amateur astronomers hot-footing it to Laois, anything we can help with in the short term?

Dave

More
19 years 4 months ago #8008 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: help wanted in Meath

Look forward to hopefully seeing you soon - shall I bring an insulated mug? I was thinking of Seanie Morris... :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Seanie - couldn't resist - if we all manage to meet up there I'll recompense you for such a cheap and inappropriate jibe :wink: )

Cheers

Dave

Not at all Dave, I can take a jibe at my expense lol! :lol:

:)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds