K-Tec

Wettest July in 50 years

More
14 years 8 months ago #80415 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re:Wettest July in 50 years
Barberskum wrote:

At the moment it's hard not to believe that our weather in this part of the world
had not permanently changed.
We seem to experience incessant low pressure systems tracking in from the Atlantic
throughout the year.
One has to wonder has the Gulf Stream been effected.
: blink:

I'm just home from a holiday in Connemara with the family where I managed to swim a few times in the sea off Omey Island. As for the Gulf Stream, well all I can say is that I now have two large dents on the inside of my skull where 'you-know-what' retreated with astonishing speed and energy! It was Co-ho-hold!!!: blink:

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #80419 by dmolloy
Replied by dmolloy on topic Re:Wettest July in 50 years
I concur with all that stuff about rain. likewise I have had my scope out only twice in the last couple of months. Both times I was confounded by the moon.

I nearly have empathy with those forums that include a section on cloud and cloud formation - but i can't help but feel that studying cloud formation - while interested in astronomy, would be like studying bird droppings if you were interested in bird spotting :laugh: .......wettest july in 50 Years? .....it hasn't stopped raining since 2006

Signed:
Declan

Tired and emotional

Co Laois

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #80442 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:Wettest July in 50 years
If I were to count the days, I can honestly say that I get more use out of my plastic christmass tree each year then I do my telescopes. : angry:

Having said that, the weather might be ok for tonight. :ohmy:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by dave_lillis.

More
14 years 8 months ago #80448 by dmolloy
Replied by dmolloy on topic Re:Wettest July in 50 years
Don't know about anyone else :) But a strange thing happened last night.....The sky was clear here in the midlands. best nights observing for over a year at least. Although my scope is set up in my back garden (small village) and Jupiter is quite low, there was nevertheless moments of steady seeing :woohoo:

Declan

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds