K-Tec

Getting Broadband

More
19 years 3 months ago #8577 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic broadband
You should nominate your area for Broadband with digiweb. They seem to listen..... now isnt that strange in the communications industry!!!!!

I rang them first and got through to a real person straight away. She was very helpful and not in the least pushy. More like a receptionist than sales.

Liam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #8578 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Broadband

On another topic. I have had some problems alligning my LX 90. I level it point it North... and do two star allign. Usually it is a a little off.... say I then do select stars and seleect Sirius it might be out of the field of view. I am using GPS and I am sure the date time daylight saving etc are correct. The most likely culpet is not having the entire scope perfectly level. Is the system that critical? What do you thing?
When I manually locate an object the tracking is perfect.
Liam

Liam,
When levelling it, it's worth taking the extra 30secs to ensure that it is exactly level using a little bubble level. Also, ensure it is pointing exactly north by first lining up Polaris in the crosshairs of the finder scope, clamping the horz axis and then linign up the vert axis to zero.
Another tip: Have you "trained" the scope? There is an option in the scope to train it. Basically, you can train each axis of the mount to further improve the software's understanding of the gears. I find it makes a noticeable difference.
Clear skies,

More
19 years 3 months ago #8579 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic Re: Getting Broadband
Thanks Michael,

I guess Im usually in too much of a hurry to take care to be accurate. and I have a bubble level and all!!!!

I have read about training the scope and was wondering if that would help. I think Ill take it one step at a time. Get it accurately level and do as you say with Polaris and see what happens. It s a great scope .. had wonderful views last Sunday with Deise Astronomy Society despote the cold and the wind chill approaching what felt like absolute zero!!!

Thanks for your imput

Liam

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds