K-Tec

Galway Astronomy Festival 2015 "New Worlds - New Horizons"

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #103224 by lunartic_old
Best of luck to all the organisers for the festival, and to all the attendees have a great time. I can't get there this year :(
Don't let those dealers take all your money with their smooth salesmen's talk. :laugh:

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by lunartic_old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #103230 by StephenK
:laugh:

Too late

:whistle:

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Roy Stewart

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #103236 by dave_lillis
Well done to everyone in GAC for running a great event, it was very enjoyable, great speakers and it was good catching up with people,
Also well done to the hotel for a great dinner and to the bar staff, got home at 4am lol
Looking forward to next year and upcoming events this year like Cosmos

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by dave_lillis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy

More
9 years 2 months ago #103237 by Mike
Boy what a great event, well worth the long trip and always great to meet up in person and make new acquaintances. Excellent talks today and a special video message from commander Chris Hadfield to start our day I knew we were all in for a special time. Finished off with an excellent evening dinner and a few pints of beer, well what more can you ask for. Hats off to Ronan and the GAC crew in facilitating a great day. Glad the table quiz didn't go ahead as Terry would have won it on his own anyway, lol!

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

• Roy Stewart
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
More
9 years 2 months ago #103238 by Roy Stewart
To all associated with GAC you all deserve a VERY big pat on the back.. A truly brilliant event yesterday, amazing line up of speakers (the Commander Hadfield opening was a super touch)..A big thank you to Ronan Newman and Brian MaMacGabhann for letting us fly the Skellig Star Party flag, it is very much appreciated.. Looking forward to 2016 already..

Cheers Roy
#ClearSkies

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33

More
9 years 2 months ago #103240 by eansbro
Congratulations on organising another successful Astronomy Festival. In particular, thanks to all of you in Galway Astronomy Club for the hard work and dedication. I had a wonderful time at the Festival, the exhibition was the biggest I have seen this year and the talks were impressive. What was special for me was meeting others and making new friends, the dinner and craic was brilliant. In my opinion , this was even a better Galway Astronomy Fest in all the years I have attended. All I can say for those who missed this one make sure you put this in your calendar for 2016, you will not be disappointed.

Eamonn
www.kingslandobservatory.com

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds