K-Tec

Tragic news: reach for the stars, Michael Scully

More
9 years 3 months ago #102751 by Conn Buckley
Replied by Conn Buckley on topic Tragic news: reach for the stars, Michael Scully
This is desperately sad news to hear. Michael was indeed one of nature’s true gentlemen.
As already said here his qualities of quiet generosity and helpfulness were outstanding and in the true spirit of Astronomy.
When he went to Kerry he still kept in contact with SAC by participating in the Club subscription for S&T and was first in with his annual sub.

One particular memory of Michael I recall was that at one WSP we were all observing from the grounds of Birr Castle when an unidentifiable ‘patch’ was spotted in the sky. Many theories were offered and it was talked about at subsequent WSP’s. Michael had the presence of mind to sketch this object and preserve it in his observing log.

My condolences to Michael’s family, friends and all those in KAC.

Conn Buckley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #102755 by Paul Evans
Replied by Paul Evans on topic Tragic news: reach for the stars, Michael Scully
This is very sad news indeed. I didn't know Michael myself but he was clearly a key member of the community in Kerry and further afield.

On behalf of all of us in the IAA, sincere condolences to family, friends and all in KAC.

Paul.

• Roy Stewart
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
More
9 years 3 months ago #102756 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic Tragic news: reach for the stars, Michael Scully
Very sad news, my thoughts are with his family and friends
at this time.. RIP Michael, and may you find your place among the stars.

Regards
Roy Stewart

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33

More
9 years 3 months ago #102757 by nectarine
Replied by nectarine on topic Tragic news: reach for the stars, Michael Scully
Very sad news. My condolences to Michael's family and all who knew him.

Bernie Foley
IFAS Treasurer

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds