K-Tec

2021 Perseids

More
2 years 8 months ago #110487 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic 2021 Perseids
Hi John,

I'm on for Wednesday. We could still try for Shay Elliot and if it's too windy move to Trooperstown?

Michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #110488 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic 2021 Perseids
Perfect! Many thanks Michael.

We can all meet beside Lynham's Pub/Hotel and Celtic Crafts in Laragh on Wednesday evening at 8:30pm and then head up from there to the Shay Elliott Memorial Car Park. 

I was talking to Antonio and he said the forecast models he works with are all showing Wednesday night as clear too. He will travel down with me to the site.

My notes for August are now up on the Irish Times website at www.irishtimes.com/news/science/space/pe...-fireworks-1.4643620

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Paul-Byrne
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
2 years 8 months ago #110489 by Paul-Byrne
Replied by Paul-Byrne on topic 2021 Perseids
Just watched the weather in RTE, Wednesday looks to be our only option. The rain passing through throughout Wednesday will help the seeing by clearing some of the muck out of the air.
If the wind is up, it will be worth losing some of the sky at Trooperstown to get protection, we will still see plenty of meteors.

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
2 years 8 months ago #110490 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic 2021 Perseids
See you all in Laragh on Wednesday night so!

Clear skies from Aubrey. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
2 years 8 months ago #110496 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic 2021 Perseids
Morning everyone.

Most of the forecast models on windy.com are showing cloud on Wednesday evening in the area we plan to observe.

As a result, rather than drive to Laragh, I propose we meet at 8pm on Wednesday at the Circle K garage in Kilmacaneogue on the southbound stretch of the N11.

From there, we can make a decision to press ahead with the original plan to head to the Shay Elliott Car Park, plumb for the Sugar Loaf Car Park, or maybe even go north of Dublin where it does seem to have a chance of clear skies. 

I will log back in at 3pm after having checked the latest forecasts and asked someone else for their opinion about the weather prospects.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

• Paul-Byrne
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
2 years 8 months ago #110497 by Paul-Byrne
Replied by Paul-Byrne on topic 2021 Perseids
Whereabouts to the north are you thinking of, John?
The better views are to the north-east, from south of the city there is always Dublin to contend with in that direction.

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds