The "COSMOS 2005" Thread

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #9716 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: The "COSMOS 2005" Thread
Jouke, that would be a great idea! We are certainly open to others sharing their ideas, as this is, of course, by no means an exclusive event! If anyone would like to bring material with them for such 300D et all techniques on laptop, you're more than welcome. We also encourage anyone who would like to bring non-conflicting posters, charts, projects etc. Perhaps there is some one here who has such material already to put onto a couple of A2 poster size sheets of paper???

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #9721 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Canon 300 D session at Cosmos?

L.S.
Would it be a good idea for all the 300D owners to get together at Friday night and compare notes on software/focussing/results and any other topic that interests us?
Regards
Jouke

Sounds like a good idea alright. Perhaps we could run through issues such as RAW files and how to convert, software for capturing long exposure images, software for focusing, Registax, Photoshop, Imageplus etc....
Have you used Imageplus much? Do u have it on a laptop by any chance?

More
19 years 1 month ago #9723 by astroguy
Replied by astroguy on topic Re: The "COSMOS 2005" Thread
By no means an expert, but I can bring my laptop with it. I can also provide demo copies on cd. As well as copies of instruction Video's

Have fun,
Jouke

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #9728 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: The "COSMOS 2005" Thread

By no means an expert, but I can bring my laptop with it. I can also provide demo copies on cd. As well as copies of instruction Video's

Go for it!

:)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 1 month ago #9730 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: The "COSMOS 2005" Thread

Have fun,
Jouke

Excellent! I'd be interested to see it in use again. At the time of the Imageplus demo in Athlone, I wasn't in a position to get the most out of it. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say for it and to see what features in it you find useful.
For me at the moment though, the main drawback with it is the price. :cry:

More
19 years 1 month ago #9733 by astroguy
Replied by astroguy on topic Re: The "COSMOS 2005" Thread
Well like all of us I have been clouded out for the last five months and have not used it much,but dry rehersals and following the IP newsgroup.

I's be interedted in any experience any member has with focussing and focussing aids.
Have fun,
Jouke

LX 200 GPS, Williams optics 80mm APO, Meade LPI, Canon 300D, Skymap pro, Lunar phase pro, Image plus, Exploradome.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds