KAS - is it up and running?

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #9820 by dmcdona
KAS - is it up and running? was created by dmcdona
Folks - I was just wondering if there is such a thing as Kildare Astronomical Society (KAS)? Or is it so far an ad hoc, just-getting-off-the-ground society?

Also, any suggestions as to the next meet up?

Cheers

Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #9846 by finnjim2001
Replied by finnjim2001 on topic Re: KAS - is it up and running?
The inagural meeting was before xmas and the second one was posponed due to the cold snap and the dangerous driving conditions in the area. johnno is the man behind the plan. i'd say the next meeting will be sooner rather than later

Somedays you're the dog,
Somedays you're the lamp post.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #9862 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: KAS - is it up and running?
Any idea when sooner will be or is that up to Johnno? Need to do something other than look at clouds....

Cheers

Dave

More
19 years 1 month ago #9886 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Re: KAS - is it up and running?
Hi guy's,

who's on for getting together in Newbridge ( or anywhere mid-Kildare)
for some evening next week.

Dave, there isn't a club in Kildare other than Maynooth which is run by the students in the college.
If we had the numbers of guy's interested in playing a hands on role in a club, then maybe we could be on to something. Some clubs around, even though they have committee's sometimes tend to leave all to one or two individuals. That's not only unfair but also demoralising.

There is a sufficent number of keenly interested individuals in Kildare to try and set up a club or at least have regular meetings for discussions or observing.

Some of the guy's around here are very well up on astrophptography, computers and observing techniques. There is also a few greenhorns (like me) that could only advance their interest in astronomy by getting the help, advice ( and encouragement) of the board members.

Let me know how ye are fixed....

Kildare Astronomy Society
www.kildareastronomy.com

More
19 years 1 month ago #9890 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: KAS - is it up and running?
Next week would be fine for me John.
How does it suit others here?

Let's try and get a good turnout and get the ball rolling on this. Considering the population in the area, there's bound to be demand for an astronomy club in the area.

As for place to meet up, Newbridge sounds like a good idea as the Curragh is only over the road. This would make it convenient for observing sessions.

More
19 years 1 month ago #9891 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: KAS - is it up and running?
You guys don't want to meet at my house? Its only just over an hours drive away in good conditions with no other traffic on the road...

...just a thought!

:P

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds