K-Tec

how can there be a black hole in all galaxies?

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #43919 by ciderman
Yup, Hawking radiation is the way in which Black holes "evaporate" over time, as the particle/antiparticle pairs form and one is captured on the event horuzon while the other escapes, so the mass of the object is reduced, just a little, this has no short term effect on super massive blackholes but big consequences for smaller ones.
The supermassive galactic cores will probably outlast most other objects in the universe, aside from odd socks and cockroaches.
Also the geometry of space time plus rotation amongst other things may well govern if this garden spot of a universe is destined for a crunch or a continual expansion. It almost comes down to a religious faith, what outcome makes you most comfortable. Me, no end, baby universes spawned from this one, each one taking from the characteristics of the one that spawned it, a whole multiverse kinda thing, statistically we have to be simply one of a range of possible universes that are possible, each no more remarkable than the last, this only different because we are here at the mo to gaze out and ask questions, doubtless not the only ones to do that either.

What do you do if you see a spaceman?

Park in it Man!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fguihen
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #44045 by fguihen
so when all the black holes evapourate, the matter that has evapourated from them ( in the form of energy or radation i gues) is still around. it is my understanding that energy/matter cannot be destroyed, only have its form chaged ( from energy to matter or vice versa). therefore there always has to be the same amount of matter/energy in the universe. by that time we will have purchased another turtle and live n top of that one i guess!

"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." Dilbert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds