K-Tec

Lunar observations

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
17 years 6 months ago #34911 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic post
I enjoyed your report, lovely detail, you certainly have an observing eye, do you sketch ?

Copernicus looked wonderful last night I did a sketch in Grey on Black. The Concise Guide in Colour Moon Mars and Venus by Rukl - I love it - thanks John Flannery, its the best Moon book I have.

Its great to have the early darkness and a willing Moon, I enjoy the never ending, ever changing dance of shadows and light on the surface.

Deirdre Kelleghan
Irish Astronomical Society
www.irishastrosoc.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeirdreKelleghan
More
17 years 6 months ago #34914 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic post
Hi John, just checked your book Dictionary of Lunar Nomenclature WHO'S WHO ON THE MOON and it gives Clerke Agnes Mary as a British Astronomer :-( the VMA also does this and say's she was born in England :-(

Tut tut tut

Deirdre Kelleghan
Irish Astronomical Society
www.irishastrosoc.org

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 6 months ago #34922 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Lunar observations
Hey Deirdre

Sketching is required for the Astronomy League's Lunar II Club, which I am in the process of completing. My sketches are by no means masterpieces, but I'm proud of them.

Maybe I'll dig out the sketchpad and give it another go and see if I can improve.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
17 years 6 months ago #34925 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Lunar observations
I was touted as the first Irish amateur to confirm a Supernova - however, hailing from Liverpool and living here for over 10 years, I was delighted :D Those listening on the radio were surprised though when my dulcet ones of 'Orrrright mate, how'd it goin' like?' hit the airways...

I noticed a recent US mag describing Shackleton as a 'British' explorer. :cry:

More
17 years 6 months ago #34927 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Lunar observations
Great report Paul
I have just got Rukl's atlas of the moon and Have just used it a few times, but am in awe. Hopefully it will become as tattered as peter's copy.

Cheers
Trevor

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds