K-Tec

Black blob over malahide 1745 UTC heading north.

More
16 years 7 months ago #51439 by Frank Ryan
Funny. That shape reminded me of this:
I heard on the radio the other morning a village in Romania reported seeing
a 'superman' like figure flying around.
:D

Police are investigating after villagers in Romania claimed to see a Superman-like figure flying through the sky.

Almost 20 villagers, from Gemeni, Mehedinti county, claim the UFO was wearing a shiny blue suit, just like Superman’s.

Police officers took written statements from all of the witnesses and say they described the figure in the same way.

Local policeman Ion Anuta said: “We talked to people of different ages who are all reliable citizens in our village.

“They all said they saw this strange creature who flew over their houses in his shiny blue costume. We’ll just have to see what happens next.”

Villager Constantin Toader, 41, said: “He looked like Superman and was flying slowly at about 100 yards from the ground in a standing position. He didn’t make any smoke or sound. Just cruising around.”

Some funny explanations:

www.cnufos.com/pages/newsandstories/recent%20ufh%20videos.htm

And some passable explanations:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingsuit_flying

How high up did you say you thought this was?
Was it changing shape all the time?
Maybe it was a huge chunk of black plastic...
The kind farmers use to bail hay?

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #51440 by voyager

I'd say the runaway prade ballon is not a bad guess but strange none the less thanks for sharing.

That's what I think too. Having let a dolphin-shapped balloon go once just to see what it would look like and how long I'd be able to follow it I can tell you it looked like those pics. BTW, we could follow the balloon for over half an hour and then only lost it when it got dark.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• cloudsail
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
16 years 7 months ago #51442 by cloudsail
We are North of some sort of carnival thing going on by the airport. By the way it moved, it appeared bigger than a typical carnival balloon (I'd have guessed a large cluster of party balloons), but it mightn't have been as high up as it appeared. I should have continued to photograph it until it disappeared into the clouds, giving me some idea of altitude, but I was pretty convinced it wasn't aliens. (moving at roughly the speed and direction of the wind was a big clue!)

It did look a bit like superman, but it had either a sidekick or 2nd head attached. I hadn't thought of blowing hay bale plastic. I'll bet there are quite a few of those that get away every year. No wonder the middle of the pacific has a plastic/plankton ratio of more than 3:1!

More
16 years 7 months ago #51443 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Black blob over malahide 1745 UTC heading north.
Isn't it obvious people? It's a seabird that spent too long near Sellafield.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
16 years 7 months ago #51444 by DaveGrennan
I think the telling thing here is that it was moving at the same speed as the cloud, indicating it was been blow along by the wind. That would almost confirm the parade balloon explaination to me at least.

Interesting photos.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

More
16 years 7 months ago #51445 by dave_lillis
The first one looks like something out of flash gordon, :lol:
or maybe someone threw a 3 legged cat in the air with a mouse in its mouth.
. :wink: :lol: I think the rain is getting to me :oops:

seriously though, they are some interesting pics all the same !

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds