K-Tec

Hold onto your hats lads

More
16 years 3 months ago #58941 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Hold onto your hats lads
Got a few flashes of lightning this afternoon here. Now THAT I wouldn't mind having tonight.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #58944 by Tonybwf
Replied by Tonybwf on topic ............
Ye im a fan of it myself....love watching it actually thinking about going to tha states on a storm chasing holiday in tornado alley not thats fun!! Ye there was a flash an bang here too was very close i counted from flash to bang was 3seconds later so whats that speed of sound is 5seconds per mile approx 0.6miles was fairly close!!!

Regards
Tony

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

More
16 years 3 months ago #58945 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: ............

Ye im a fan of it myself....love watching it actually thinking about going to tha states on a storm chasing holiday in tornado alley not thats fun!!

Do you have some kind of death wish Tony? Do you not want to live a litlle bit longer to see humans return to the Moon :) ?

Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

More
16 years 3 months ago #58947 by Tonybwf
Replied by Tonybwf on topic Re: Hold onto your hats lads
Death wish :lol: cumon it would be fun!!! super cells/lightning/base-ball hailstones whats not too like beats a boring holiday in the sun :lol:

Regards
Tony

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 3 months ago #58954 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Hold onto your hats lads
Well i can confirm that the clouds aint broken. They are working perfectly well. It is absolutley bucketing down here.

Taking pics of lightening could be fun...............pointing a big metal object (camera) into the sky. It could be a form of extreme sport.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 3 months ago #58956 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: Hold onto your hats lads
Tony
I am guessing you have informed your life insurance company of your intention of storm chasing and that your partner has a sizeable income if you should be dispatched to the land of the Wizard of Oz. :)

Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds