K-Tec

Who wants an Objective solar filter made up?

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12380 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Who wants an Objective solar filter made up?

How would that affect it?

Hhmmm... I'll get a picture of that scope and have a look...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #12386 by Macros42

Hhmmm... I'll get a picture of that scope and have a look...

Seanie.

I can take a couple of photos and post them up if you like. The eyepice isn't two far below that either but probably far enough for the filter to be stable.

What's the surround made of? One solution would be to make the filter with a 235mm diameter and I could cut four strips out where those screws are - they'd actually help to keep it stable imo and they'd prevent any rotation.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12387 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Who wants an Objective solar filter made up?
Good idea about the slip ways Steve. And yes, go ahead and send me a picture or two!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
18 years 10 months ago #12392 by Macros42

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 10 months ago #12431 by Seanie_Morris
Excellent, thanks Steve. I'll do my best. I'm getting back on track after a messed up couple of weeks now. Just last night, I got my settings back working on my pc after a W2K update screwed up everything. Had no internet connections, or networkings...
Finally, Microsoft: 2,695, Seanie: 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
18 years 10 months ago #12439 by Macros42
LOL - I know that feeling :D Let me know - like I said you're not all that far from me anyway so we can meet up fairly easily if it can be done.

Steve
--

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds