K-Tec

Wish list

More
19 years 2 days ago #11472 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Wish list

Bill,
3-5. The astrometric eyepiece IMHO is the one to get of the three. For it to plug into the LX90 you'll need the APM - accessory port module.

Michael, A query here just to make sure I understand properly: I have seen the APM advertised, but put that to the bottom of my list as there are two auxilliary ports on the LX90, will neither of those work with the astrometric eyepiece? If not, do you know what their function is?
Many thanks,
Bill H.

Good question Bill. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure of the answer. However, from what I understand, corded reticle eyepieces have a head similar to that on a pair of headphones, or smaller. i.e. they don't have a head that will fit in the AUX port. That's why you need the APM.
A goup well worth joining is the LX90 yahoo group. You'll need to register though to become a member but it's a fairly simple process. I used to follow it alot more closely than I do now. I just dopn't have the time lately. however, they are a fab source of info.
However, Dave does bring up an interesting point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 2 days ago #11481 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Wish list
Thanks Michael. thanks dave L.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
18 years 11 months ago #11653 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Wish list
bill,
you might want to check out the links below. just discovered these when i was browsing look like good value.for the lx90:-
www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=213&pid=9104&m=
for the lx200:-
www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=213&pid=9115&m=
www.buytelescopes.com/product.asp?t=213&pid=9116&m=

these should still work with your scope even if they are branded for the more expensive model. all in all i think a good idea.
stephen.

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 11 months ago #11656 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Wish list
Thanks for that Stephen. Those look great deals, I shall probably go ahead with it. I will let you know how it goes.
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds