K-Tec

Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)

More
20 years 3 months ago #2045 by jfa15ie
Replied by jfa15ie on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
Hello Everybody

I've just received my Celestron accesory kit which I bought on the website www.adorama.com . I did not need to buy a telescope to avail of the offer. The total cost to me including Sale Price,Shipping,Insurance and Customs Duty was Euro 156. The current special offer price from Astronomy & Space (you must also buy an over-priced scope), is Euro 299.

Spread the news folks.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #2048 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
Well done James.

That was the site I got my kit from as well.

Totat cost to me Euro 136 :?:

I'm wondering where the difference came from?

Anyway better that price than Rip-Off-Ireland or is that Rip-Off-A&S.

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
20 years 2 months ago #2063 by jfa15ie
Replied by jfa15ie on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
Conor

Euro 136 was a great price, congratulations. I got caught for the customs Euro 26. Maybe that's the difference. I'm still happy with what I paid. Makes one angry with the prices on offer here. I think it's symptomatic of the competitiveness problems the whole economy is suffering from.

Living in hope

James

More
20 years 2 months ago #2064 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
James

I agree, but what can we do only move our custom elsewhere. The only price controls in place were removed by this gov some years ago and we are now hostage to greedy retailers like A&S. (they never were subjected to controls). Of course if everyone bought outside Ireland the the country would go down the tubes. :cry:

I think this is a matter for Government and EU and for a start Dealership regulations like Celestron's and Meade's shold be outlawed. :x

Remember everyone EU elections this year.

If only I had shares in a racehourse stud farm.....no taxes :P

Conor

ps I avoided the customs , quiet now! :o

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds