K-Tec

Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)

More
20 years 4 months ago #1490 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)

How about a page of American suppliers and member’s experiences while the Dollar is so week V Euro?

Heres who Ive dealt with.

www.optcorp.com - ok I havent actually bought anything from they (yet) but they have always responded in a friendly maner to emails asking for information, and they help out a lot with the LXD55telescopes yahoo group, and seem a nice bunch.

www.islandeyepiece.com/ - ok they are Canadian not american. But I have bought filters etc. from them, and the delivery time and sevice has been great. Though their online ordering leaves a bit to be desired, email them to clarify your order just in case.

www.thelaserguy.com/ - they sell lasers, and watch batteries cheap (for when you leave the laser/dotfinder/etc. turned on.)

www.betapointer.com/ - more laser fun. quick delivery time no hassles with them.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #1570 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
Hi All,

I came across an american shop with a good website who WILL ship Meade accessories to Europe.
It states on their website that they cannot ship Meade "telescopes" outside the US, it says nothing about eyepieces/barlow/accessories etc.

I just received the 2X apochromatic barlow from them. Just incase this is a policy mistake on the shops part, I'm not going to mentiuon their name here (I dont want to cut off my supply line), email me if you want the name.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
20 years 4 months ago #1571 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
BTW,
You'll get hit at custom here for 21%, but its still a saving, unless you have some other way of getting into the country.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
20 years 4 months ago #1614 by tomcosgrave
Replied by tomcosgrave on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
Speaking of US equipment, Stellarvue www.stellarvue.com do some great scopes, at great prices, and they have a Christmas sale on some of their achromats at the moment.

Apparently the scopes are amazing to use, and S&T were giving them good write ups. I plan to purchase one of these in the new year. They are a small company, have gotten together with TMB Optical and look to be going places. There are no dealers in Europe but they ship out to here, so it shouldn't be a problem to get one - though the shipping costs would probably be expensive...

--
tom cosgrave
this is diopter - www.thisisdiopter.org

More
20 years 4 months ago #1615 by John OBrien
Replied by John OBrien on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
Hey, just checked out the Stellarvue site and got a nice fuzzy warm feeling all over! :D

They sound good alright even if expensive for the aperture sizes that they sell. But you pay for quality and I get the feeling that what they offer is actually cheap for a hand-crafted, hand-tested scope.

Love the astro-holiday trip they have too... I do believe the SO (significant other) would be up for that!!! :twisted:

- John

"We are the music makers ... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W.W.

More
20 years 3 months ago #1751 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Celestron Accessory Kit (94303)
The kit has arrived...No Problems. :D

Just wish the clouds would shift so I can use it, and it was so clear this morning :?

Have yet to get bill from customst! :(

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds