K-Tec

Lidl Skylux Scope

More
18 years 4 months ago #20726 by Attitude_adjuster
Replied by Attitude_adjuster on topic Re: Lidl Skylux Scope
same here, just got to really test out the 'lux and was surprised to actually see the rings of saturn very clearly, just wondering how much better it would be if i had better eyepiece as it was hard to get a decent view through the 4mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #20744 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Lidl Skylux Scope

same here, just got to really test out the 'lux and was surprised to actually see the rings of saturn very clearly, just wondering how much better it would be if i had better eyepiece as it was hard to get a decent view through the 4mm

Well they won't get any bigger with the better quality eyepieces! What you will get is less strain on your eyes, less spherical aberration (blue/red tinge effect) on what you see, and therefore more "Aaaawwwhhhhhhh....!" from your views!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 4 months ago #20752 by Attitude_adjuster
Replied by Attitude_adjuster on topic Re: Lidl Skylux Scope
i get what youre saying, all the same though, twas pretty cool to actually see rings around Saturn.. defo worth the 70 yoyos :D

More
18 years 4 months ago #20790 by cloudsail
Replied by cloudsail on topic Are skylux's still available?
My ETX-70 was great but after an unclearable drive fault error (tried changing batteries several times...), I had to return it and there weren't any others to exchange it with. And I just sold my celestron 500mm maksutov spotter so I'm without a portable eclipse lens/telescope :-(

Has anyone seen the skylux's near Dublin? I wonder if either telescope will go on sale in the new year. They're both right in my price range :-)

-- forever a beginner...at nearly everything

More
18 years 4 months ago #21326 by donkearns
Replied by donkearns on topic Re: Lidl Skylux Scope
My ETX had the exact same problem.
I went a different route though. I knew that the LIDL deal was exceptional value so i contacted the customer support for Meade.
Today, they collected my scope, at their expense, and will repair it FOC.
Last time these scopes were on offer was 12 months ago. I guess you will be waiting at least that long for a repeat offer. That's what I did!

Don

I really must think of something interesting to use as a tag line!

More
18 years 4 months ago #21354 by cloudsail
Replied by cloudsail on topic Re: Lidl Skylux Scope

My ETX had the exact same problem.
I went a different route though. I knew that the LIDL deal was exceptional value so i contacted the customer support for Meade.
Today, they collected my scope, at their expense, and will repair it FOC.
Last time these scopes were on offer was 12 months ago. I guess you will be waiting at least that long for a repeat offer. That's what I did!

Don

I'm glad that worked for you, I'll have to remember that for next time. I waited a year before my wife got me this one. The good news is that because An Post was on holiday when my scope sold and because shipping 5lb scope to the U.S. was insanely expensive (almost doubled the cost to the buyer), my ebay buyer backed out. I still have my telescope! And because I'd carefully cleaned the optics for the buyer, its now a much better scope. I wish I could've done my side by side comparison after cleaning it, the 90mm mak might have pulled ahead of the 70mm refractor . We put this old scope under the christmas tree where the ETX-70 had been. It's the thought that counts, right? I got almost a whole night's viewing out of the ETX-70 8-) and now I know which twin is pollux.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds