• RandomPillars
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
12 years 3 months ago #92018 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Re: Collimating tools
Brilliant response, thanks to everyone.

So I'm probably going to go for a cheshire. I'm very lazy and the thought of running back and forth from the eyepiece to the base is kinda killing me, but ah well.

I figure the advice I get here is honest and ,hopefully :-), very trustworthy so I'm gonna have to go with it. So I'll be spending I think around €30 on a cheshire. Would that be enough???

Calibus- Completely agree. I'm getting this scope as a halfway point entry to Astromomy. Don't want to get really small aperture scope and find I can barely see anything. And don't want to get really expensive one and find I don't like it as much as I thought. So, if I do like it, I'll invest in a proper laser collimator.

Nerro- I seen that laser and barlow lens way of collimating on youtube. It looks to be quite quick alright. If you could find that article, it would be great. If not, no prob. Thanks anyway.

Martinus- Thanks for the reply. I seen the Hotech lasers. Quite expensive if memory serves. Thanks for the tips. Yet again, the thought of running back and forth between back and front of scope is killing me. I'll just treat it as exercise and won't walk the dog. :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #92020 by martinus
Replied by martinus on topic Re: Collimating tools
Here's a direct link to the barlowed laser how-to:
www.cameraconcepts.com/barlowed%20laser%20collimation.pdf

• RandomPillars
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
12 years 3 months ago #92048 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Re: Collimating tools
Great. Thanks Martinus

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds