K-Tec

Gmail Invites - Anyone want one?

More
19 years 2 months ago #8795 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Gmail Invites - Anyone want one?

And if you both run out of them email cathykelly [at] gmail [dot] com for one :)

It's hard to get rid of them these days :?

Just a thought, but it is silly to think of having an online email account of 1GB! That was Googles ploy to get users away from Yahoo mail (and probably Hotmail, but thats already in a (lower) league of its own!)

:)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jhonan
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 2 months ago #8802 by jhonan
Replied by jhonan on topic Re: Gmail Invites - Anyone want one?

Just a thought, but it is silly to think of having an online email account of 1GB! That was Googles ploy to get users away from Yahoo mail (and probably Hotmail, but thats already in a (lower) league of its own!)

It depends on how you use email. If you delete email after you've read it or replied to it, then you're not going to fill up 1Gb (also, the search function is not going to be much use)

But I keep copies of everything (apart from spam!) - And this is also what gmail encourages, you don't click 'delete', you click 'archive'. Which means if in a years time you want to find something, it makes it easy.

At the moment, my gmail account is "currently using 106 MB (11%) of your 1000 MB." That's just over 1,800 mails. So by archiving everything, I'll run out of space in a year or two.... At which stage google will probably start offering 'premium gmail accounts...' :roll:

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

More
19 years 2 months ago #8951 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Gmail Invites - Anyone want one?
google seem to have given me 50 more invites, so once again if anyone would like to even try this service out, pm me with your email address and I'll send on the details.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds