K-Tec

Live webcast

More
19 years 1 month ago #10063 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Live webcast
Well done Dave! I had dreams of doing something like this when I would have got an observatory with an internet connection constructed! It would be a great way for giving lectures across waters, now that broadband is here! Like if TAS was to give a live webcast with the scope in action to, say, Hamilton Astronomy Club in Canada!

:D

One thing I would say is that a dark, almost black background, would make viewing easier, and to use a larger (but not by much), more square font in the text. But, these are just personal opinions really.

Good work!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 1 month ago #10070 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Live webcast
Seanie - thanks for the kind comments. :oops:

I hope you, and others, try this out. Its tough, but not that tough. And if it means someone somewhere can see a skyview that wouldn't have seen (scope in for repair, clouded out, no scope, daylight hours in another part of the world) then its job done I reckon.

So far, I'm really just in 'beta' mode if you like but there's a good few folks signed up for 'webcast alerts'. So I'm really going to push forward with this project. It would be nice to share that with others so I'd hope in the next few days to document what I have done - perhaps others can follow and we can all have a few of these webcasts on the screen when we can't go outside and view.

And then, as you rightly say, there could be a much wider audience.

As far as the web pages go, you're bang on the money and took the thoughts out of my head. A black/dark background will be coming real soon and I'd really hope to get the web design more advanced than it currently is.

I would have other plans for the idea too - but you'll all have to wait for that. :wink:

Thanks again

Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds