K-Tec

Irish Astrophotography Exhibition November 2018

More
5 years 7 months ago #107284 by Bruno
No problem got all three images, John.
Many thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #107296 by Bruno
Last call for submitting images to the "Images of Starlight 2018" exhibition. The closing date is this Friday the 28th September.

Clear skies
John
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Bruno.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #107402 by Bruno
Hi All,
Many thanks to all astrophotographers who submitted images for the exhibition. As you know it is a showcase of our work and all the images will be on display as part of a looped presentation on screen at the exhibition. We selected sixty framed images arranged by category on the available wall space. The categories are a) Widefield, b) Clusters, c) Galaxies, d) Nebula, e) Moon, f) Solar, g) Earth Sky. Please note there are many excellent images which were not framed but will be presented on screen. The astrophotographers whose images are framed are listed below.
We will set up the exhibition in the coming week to open on Sunday 11th November. It will be open from 10am to 4pm every day until Sunday 2nd December. Also remember there will be a focus on light pollution with a special display stand organised by www.darksky.ie and a public talk by Professor Brian Espey about light pollution on Sat 1st Dec at 2 pm at the same venue. There will be a presentation by myself about getting started in astrophotography on Sat 24th Nov at 2 pm. Weather permitting there will also be a public stargazing event within the grounds of the National Botanic Gardens on Thursday 15 November from 6pm until 9pm.

We hope this event will foster more interest in astronomy among the public and attract more members to our clubs.

The list of photographers which have framed images are:

Adam Jeffers
Alan Mahon
Andy McCrea
Anthony Lynch
Bernie Brown
Brendan Kinch
Brian Wilson
Carl O'Beirne
Ciaran O'Donnell
David Fottrell
Deirdre Kelleghan
Derek Buckley
Mark Trapnell
Ian Carruthers
John Dolan
John McKeon
John O'Mahony
John O'Neill
Kevin Smith
Martin Cambell
Michael Cassidy
Paul Byrne
Paul Evans
Richard Sweeney
Ronan Newman
Samuel Bleyen
Tom O'Donoghue
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Bruno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lunartic_old, johnomahony, Kinch, richardsweeney

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #107430 by Bruno
We have already had thousands of visitors. The "Images of Starlight" exhibition closes on Sunday 2nd December. Make sure you get to see these sixty spectacular images in the coming week. There is also a display from Dark Sky Ireland on Light Pollution and a talk on how to protect our night sky from further light pollution by Prof. Brian Espey on Saturday 1st December at 2 pm. See the Exhibition here:

www.facebook.com/irishastrosoc/videos/2160258814237192/
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Bruno.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #107434 by richardsweeney
Replied by richardsweeney on topic Irish Astrophotography Exhibition November 2018
I went up last Saturday and it was fantastic to see such impressive images, wonderful setup and obvious how much work went into it. Congratulations John and all involved.

It was a pity i didn't get to meet you as you were giving a talk at the time, however i met your lovely star widow who by the sounds of it would have plenty in common with my other half. I also had a quick chat with Val who seemed more than a little annoyed that Brexit had stolen RTE's attention.

Congratulations on a great success and thanks for bringing Astrophotography to the publics attention.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by richardsweeney.

More
5 years 5 months ago #107435 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Irish Astrophotography Exhibition November 2018
I went to see the exhibition on its opening day. It is very well done and indeed a lot of effort went into organising and setting up the whole thing. Well done John and the organising team!

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds