K-Tec

First night out with new DSLR-M42 as a test subject.

• Astrokam
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #109800 by Astrokam
Hi everyone
Last night was too showery to risk opening the roof of the observatory so instead i revisited some of the raw images I already had.
I had another go at stacking and processing the M42 image,this time omitting a few of the weaker images and ramping up the photoshop processing as well.
The result is more luminosity and saturation but the trapezium is still visible which is what I wanted to achieve.
This image is only nine 30 sec lights at ISO 1600 ,so I will soon take more captures of the nebula probably 50+ which hopefully will reduce some of the noise in the final image.
           Kevin.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Astrokam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Astrokam
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #110057 by Astrokam
Hi again everyone,
                              It's been a while but I've managed to finally capture a decent image of M51,I stacked 43 30 sec.lights taken with the Canon dslr in the LX200 still in alt az mode,(waiting on a wedge ordered since the beginning of Jan).
I also added darks,flats and bias frames,stacked in Astro Pixel,(DSS was'nt up the task)and processed in Photoshop.
                                                                                                                                                                  Hope you enjoy Kevin.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Astrokam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
3 years 1 month ago #110060 by flt158
Hello, Kevin.

Your image of these 2 galaxies - which are linked together - M51 and NGC 5195 is utterly superb!
It is very clear to us you had a very good sky. 

Clear skies from Aubrey. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!, Astrokam

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 1 month ago #110062 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic First night out with new DSLR-M42 as a test subject.
Hi Kevin,

Very nice to see another one of your images, and what a goodie it is. M51 is an incredible object and thanks to your image we get to appreciate its beauty. 

Great stuff! 

Darren. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Astrokam

• Astrokam
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #110149 by Astrokam
 Hi everyone,I got some more images in the last while,this is one of my favourites,                                                                                       here's to more clear skies in the next few weeks,                                                                                                                                                              Kevin.    
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Astrokam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #110150 by flt158
Perhaps you could tell us what galaxy you have imaged here, Kevin. 
Is it M 33?
However is a great image by all accounts! 

Clear skies from Aubrey. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Until_then-Goodnight!, Astrokam

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds