K-Tec

First night out with new DSLR-M42 as a test subject.

• Astrokam
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #110151 by Astrokam
Hi Aubrey,
it's M101 I imaged it a couple of weeks ago but was'nt that happy with it,there was a lot of scratchy noise.However after some searching on youtube I found new ways to process it and there was a huge improvement.
Still a long way to go to where I want to get to with image quality but it's all part of the journey,I'm still limited to 30 sec subs until I can get the telescope polar aligned,and if I take a lot of them then the frame rotation is quite considerable.
I am actually strongly considering getting an EQ6 mount and a nice affordable mid range Apochromatic refractor to use for photography,especially for the larger objects that are just too big with the LX200,even with a reducer.
At the moment I'm concentrating on the galaxies and globulars that are available this time of year and I will post up some more images of those in the next few weeks.
Clear skies Kevin.
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Astrokam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #110153 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic First night out with new DSLR-M42 as a test subject.
Hi Kevin,

I was delighted to see you post another image. And it being M101 is brilliant. In recent weeks I have failed miserably to observe this beautiful galaxy, but your image makes me look forward to seeing it under a dark sky. 

Clear skies, 
Darren. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Astrokam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds