K-Tec

Webcam and the planets

More
19 years 1 week ago #11431 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Webcam and the planets

What you need Dave is a flip mirror,
It has 2 holders for eyepieces, but you the first with a webcam and the second with an eyepiece.

Yep agreed. What I'm thinking of is getting an off axis guider for deep sky stuff. This can serve the dual role of getting objects onto the webcam too.

I'm not quite sure it will work like that Dave.
I use the lumicon GEG off-axis guider and the side view for guiding does not indicate the center of the normal field of view, so I dont think it can be easily used as an effective flip mirror. There is a fixed distance between the 2 fields of view, so you might be able to work with that, but it mightn't be easy??

BTW, I did a quick look up of these OAGs before I settled on the lumicon, apparently, the meade and celestron OAGS are difficult to use and can block part of a 35mm frame, these 2 seem to be unpopular.
This was confirmed in my mind as I watched the astromart adds for them, it seemed like poeple had to almost give them away!.

If you go for a lumicon, you'll get it much cheaper on astromart, there was no way I was paying the full new price for it!
I put up an add looking for one and had replies within 24 hours :shock:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
19 years 1 week ago #11432 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Webcam and the planets

If you go for a lumicon, you'll get it much cheaper on astromart, there was no way I was paying the full new price for it!
I put up an add looking for one and had replies within 24 hours :shock:

Thanks for that tip Dave. I had pretty much decided on the lumicon unit. I'll give astromart a go and see how I get on.

cheers.

Dave.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds