K-Tec

Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D

More
19 years 6 months ago #5454 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D

If it's from the UK or any other country in the EU, import duty etc will not be charged. You only pay the delivery charges and that's it. As for prices, just jump in and buy.

If thats the case, then there is far less to worry about when getting a camera from any of those reputable German or UK sites online.

Sounds good to me!

:D

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5455 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Her is another deal

I bought from this company in Germany. THey are very dependable communicators, have an excelent website and good price. You can pay by CCard. (rare in Germany mind you).

Body and lense 899Euro. There is now a 100 euro cash back from Canon, making it 799 Euro nett.
www.imaging-one.de/Kameras/CanonEOS300D.htm

Have fun,

Jouke

Thats a great deal! Beats the hell out of buying it in Ireland!

8)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 6 months ago #5457 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re: Canon
Thanks Guys for all your help, I definitely won't be buying in Ireland now!
Shame.

Keith.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5459 by ctr
Replied by ctr on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D
From another forum

web.canon.jp/Imaging/astro/index-e.html

May be of help

Conor

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
19 years 6 months ago #5461 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D
That's actually a very interestiong read!
Thanks Conor!

More
19 years 5 months ago #5508 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D

If your going to get it and use it on a telescope, go for the ac/dc converter, it will save you abit of hastle.

As for the lenses, I dont think they are compatibale with other Canon film SLR lenses (not 100% certain).
So if you buy the body and already own a canon film camera, I dont think you can use your existing canon lenses.

Dave et al,

The lens which comes with the EOS 300d, namely the EF-S 28-55 mm zoom, is specific to the 300D and will not work with any other Canon EOS camera. However, the converse is not true, for any other Canon EOS lens WILL work with the 300D.

I have this camera and really like it. It is one serious piece of equipment. I should also mention that there is a software hack from Russia which enables many of the functions and features present in the 10D but not the 300D including mirror lock-up, ISO 3200 and greater flexibility with exposure compensation. All of this is not too surprising since the 10D and 300D have the same chip but slightly different firmware.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds