19 years 6 months ago #5425 by gi4uiv
Replied by gi4uiv on topic Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D
Try www.7dayshop.com

EOS 10D for £749 inc vat

EOS 300D for £559 inc vat

Clear skies
Adrian

it is society that disables us

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5426 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D
I dont know anyone who bought the camera here, I got it in the US for about 850 euros, the cheapest I can get it here is 1300 euros.

Like Michael said above, its a grand camera, I use if for prime focus photography with my SCT and refracor with no problems.

As for cable relaeases, you have a number of options but their all electronic.
You can get an infrared remote or get a cable type which uses a headphone type connector.
I went for the infrared remote, no chance of virbation there.
Programs like DSLR allow you to use it with a laptop.
I got a 512 MB memory card in Limerick for 180 euros in a sale !

My only grievence with this camera is that you must buy a remote/elec cable release or software on a laptop to have exposures longer then 30 seconds.

Installing the software hack for iso3200 mode or mirror lock up voids your warranty.
ISO 3200 Im not bothered about, you probabily get worse noise characteristics if you run at that exposure, and mirror vibration is not a problem.
I've had the chance to compare this camera with others andits much lighter then others out there, it doesnt have all the bells and whistles that some professional daytime phtographers might want, but that doesn't affect what we do with it.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 6 months ago #5428 by markdj
Replied by markdj on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D
I have a 300D and use it for astrophotography. It is very very good and there is remote control software available to control it via PC.

Check out my astrophotography pages and the Hints and Tips page for more info.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5429 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D

EOS 300D for £559 inc vat

That is €800 in this morning's exchange rate, and includes UK VAT. BUT, its camera body only. The cheapest lens to get is a 35mm f/2.0 for £169/€242.
So, thats about €1,050 to get it from the UK. AND, it might be subject to VAT duty I think, due to the UK not dealing in the €uro.

On ny-camera, it is €874 (inclusive of German VAT and €16 shipping) and comes with an 18-55mm lens. See here

Seane.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 6 months ago #5432 by markdj

More
19 years 6 months ago #5434 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Canon EOS 10D/20D/300D
Wow! more websites with different prices! (That one above Mark is €883. And delivery to Ireland is an extra £15)

I am thinking (still - after all this time) of getting the 300D, but I see so many stes with so many different pries - its crazy! I bet, once I buy from the cheapest site I can find, within weeks there will be another one with an even lower price again!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds