K-Tec

Help with mount

More
8 years 3 months ago #105328 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Help with mount
Hi Andre

I have a Celestron E-Lux 25mm eyepiece that you can have if you want, I'm not using it and I would like someone to use it.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, bilboo969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #105367 by bilboo969
Replied by bilboo969 on topic Help with mount
Hi there and tnx for the offer, Paul. Sorry only after seeing your reply! Did not receive and automatic reply notification fro your reply although I did for Seanie's one!???

I would happily like to try it - tnx again. How much would you be looking / you want for it and are you located in Dublin/Kildare area?

Still waiting on my new "replacement" telescope mount from Bresser - hope this one does not have the same DEC axis fixation problem as the broken one. :| Well at least I have one to trail open up first and see how to fix it ;)

Do you or does anyone else have any experience with /knowledge of/comments on with the Celestron Zoom Eyepieces and is there really a massive difference between the "Zoom" and "Deluxe Zoom" (beside the massive price difference and the small difference in "Filed of View")??

Both down as, 8-24mm, fully multi-coated, "zoom" is suppose to have Angular Field of View 40-60 & Eye Relief 15 mm - 18 mm and the "Deluxe Zoom" an Angular Field of View 43-66 & Eye relief: 15 - 20mm.

So to me (the novice!!!) almost similar / nearly the same or is that a big difference!?

Cheers and clear skies!
Andre

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #105368 by lunartic_old
Hi Andre

I don't want any money for it, it is just lying around not being used, glad to see it get some use.
I don't know anything about zoom eyepieces, I have read good things about the Baader zoom, what about one of those?
I live in the Dun Laoghaire area.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by lunartic_old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bilboo969

More
8 years 3 months ago #105382 by bilboo969
Hi Paul,

Tnx so much again for the offer! Really appreciate it!

Do you live and work in Dun Laoghaire area or do you for example work in town or so?

Checked the Baader zoom one - bit over "a new starters" budget I think. Son't get me wrong am really enjoying it but will see first if I stick to / really get more into it! ;)

Can get Celestron Zoom Eyepieces or the VITE 8-24mm 1.25'' Zoom Eyepiece (also a 8-24, four element, fully multi-coated, 15-18mm relief & 40-60degrees ) for around 60-70 EUR. This should do to start off with!

But will try your 25mm first. If it suits will try to pick it up next week at some stage if still available / offer still counts then!

Regards
Andre

More
8 years 3 months ago #105383 by lunartic_old
I work in Stillorgan and live in Dun Laoghaire. I plan to be down at Sandymount on Friday evening if that suits.

Paul

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: bilboo969

More
8 years 3 months ago #105398 by bilboo969
Hi Paul,

Tnx for your reply but am in Galway prob until Wednesday!

Might try on Thu or Fri to swing around if that suits you!

Best regards & clear skies
Andre

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds