K-Tec

Canon EOS 400d

More
17 years 5 months ago #36086 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:

The mad thing is that my finishing at night is mainly due to the battery giving up, and thats just not good enough.

Granted, I was out lst weekend photographing the Leonids, My fully charged (and warm from my pocket) battery lasted 10 minutes, the worst ever :roll:

Also, in a similar price range canon do a fixed length 50mm lens, CANON EF 50 F1.8 II standard lens. Very sharp images. Jsut thought I'd mention it as it might be of interst to people for constallation shots.

This lens is an absolute winner!! I have it, and I got it for about 90Euros 8)

The ones I picked up are 1800 mA and cost $4-$5 each plus a small amount for shipping. I am referring to the batteries for the 300d

Anthony, where did you buy these?, they sound very good..
Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #36144 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re:

The mad thing is that my finishing at night is mainly due to the battery giving up, and thats just not good enough.

Granted, I was out lst weekend photographing the Leonids, My fully charged (and warm from my pocket) battery lasted 10 minutes, the worst ever :roll:

Keith..

Thats exactly what happened to me last weekend, just as I got the scope focused, the battery died, I have to say I nearly threw it in the bin :x
That was the final straw for me.
I did a quick search and found them available at
www.adorama.com/ICAACKE2.html
I'm sure you'll find cheaper elsewhere and their mailing prices are extorsionate, at this stage I dont care, I just need the adapter.
It came to about 76 euros in total, including postage.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 5 months ago #36165 by darragh
Replied by darragh on topic Re:

Thats exactly what happened to me last weekend, just as I got the scope focused, the battery died, I have to say I nearly threw it in the bin :x
That was the final straw for me.
I did a quick search and found them available at
www.adorama.com/ICAACKE2.html
I'm sure you'll find cheaper elsewhere and their mailing prices are extorsionate, at this stage I dont care, I just need the adapter.

The DC adapter is available for TechnikDirekt in Germany for €78, see:
www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/foto/fotodi...&viewmode=search

More
17 years 5 months ago #36173 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re:

The ones I picked up are 1800 mA and cost $4-$5 each plus a small amount for shipping. I am referring to the batteries for the 300d

Anthony, where did you buy these?, they sound very good..
Keith..

Hi Keith,

I got mine from eBay-US. I have a power pack grip with my EOS 300d which means I can load two batteries simultaneously and the above-mentioned batteries allow me to go for about nine to ten hours.

Let me check to see if I can find you the seller on eBay where I got mine.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 5 months ago #36218 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Canon EOS 400d
Pixmania.com are offering a Canon Eos 400D, with carry case and 2GB memory card for €801.50, plus shipping of €22.80. This is a European company, I have purchased from them before and your consumer rights are not affected.

A good deal I think.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
17 years 5 months ago #36267 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Canon EOS 400d
Hi Anthony,
8-9 hours,!?!?, this is very interesting, is this 8-9 hours of long exposures, how on average is that 9 hours spent?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds