K-Tec

Courses in Ireland (or online) for astronomy...any help?

More
17 years 2 months ago #41536 by dave_lillis
I've heard very good things about the Swinburne course mentioned by Al above, they'd be my no.1 choice, easily !.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #41572 by ctr
While not "Distance Learning" as such MITOpenCourseWare have a Introduction to Astronomy available online for downloading HERE

Also the The Planetary Society did a course with Caltech a couple of years ago and the webcasts are still available HERE .

Both free 8)

Hope this is of use.

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
17 years 2 months ago #41577 by albertw

While not "Distance Learning" as such MITOpenCourseWare have a Introduction to Astronomy available online for downloading HERE

Because the notes are badly scanned pdf's of lecturer scrawl :-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 2 months ago #41579 by ctr
So I've just found

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
17 years 1 month ago #42038 by yanknclare
Snakebite,
Until you find the course you are looking for a great book is called "Astronomy For Dummies". don't let the title fool you it's a great book which I found very useful and I still refer to it from time to time.

Jay 8)

More
17 years 1 month ago #43267 by Sn@kebite

Snakebite,
Until you find the course you are looking for a great book is called "Astronomy For Dummies". don't let the title fool you it's a great book which I found very useful and I still refer to it from time to time.

Jay 8)

Yes i've heard of those books like "firewalls for dummies" "java for dummies" etc.. thanks Jay and all i'll look for that book, should be on the ebooks website:)

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds