K-Tec

Go To Mounts

More
16 years 3 months ago #58377 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Go To Mounts
And here was me thinking archery was an expensive hobby.

In the last 5-6 weeks i have spent about €1100 assembling the BASICS kit of astronomy.......(learner scope,sky scout, eyepiece kit,books,bins).

But I am not new to the hobby. Ive been observing with bins for over 20 yrs. Its just now i have really been bitten by the bug.

And you know what?

Its worth every damn penny so far.

Happiness has no price.

Im just sorry it took me over 20 yrs to really get into astonomy to the level that i am now.

This time next year i'm gonna have me one of those deep sky scopes that Carl is about to buy...............cant remember the name right now.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #58390 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Go To Mounts

In the last 5-6 weeks i have spent about €1100 assembling the BASICS kit of astronomy.......(learner scope,sky scout, eyepiece kit,books,bins).

I have spent 10x that amount just on one of my mounts. As Dave mentions, it IS a bottomless pit.

Its worth every damn penny so far.

This is something we ALL agree on ...

Happiness has no price.

No question! One must enjoy this hobby if they are willing to expose themselves to frigid temperatures and humidity during the winter ... and mosquitoes during the summer ... stay up all night and sleep during the day ... drive hundreds of kms to unknown and dark places atop mountains etc etc

Yes, we are all twisted but at least we love it! :mrgreen:

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 3 months ago #58397 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Go To Mounts
What I would pay to have a mosquitoe problem in this country during the summer :wink: it never gets that hot. :cry:

As for the E1100, its commendable that you're delving into the hobby, by the time you've finished you can add another 0 to that.
What type of deepsky scope are you looking at PJ?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds