K-Tec

Just a heads up for complete newbies

More
16 years 3 months ago #59359 by Swanner
Replied by Swanner on topic Re: Just a heads up for complete newbies
I seem to constantly find myself changing EP's to see which is best. I could change all 3 and add and remove a barlow all in the space of a minute. I suppose it's all part of the learning curve and I'll cop on soon but the images in general are definatley better through the 20mm and without the barlow.

Only exception was Saturn last night. I was using 2.5mm with 2X barlow and it was stunning. I could clearly see the black band between the rings and the planet. Think I also spotted a moon. Is that a faint "star" just to the left and down a bit ?

Going to let my 9 year old saty up to see it tonight if it's clear, Can't wait to see her face.

BTW, can anyone tell me where to find Holmes. I think I caught a quick glimpse but tbh it could have been anything. My old dog was called Holmes so i really want to see this before it dissappears again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #59360 by Tonybwf
Replied by Tonybwf on topic holmes
Youl find holmes in the perseus constellation...not as bright as it was bout if skies are clear with small light pollution youl find it handy

www.heavens-above.com/comet.aspx?cid=17P...cpackofgjlobfibmploj

yea i was looking at saturn last night was very clear threw a 3.7 it was like 3d effect was stunning....with titan in view aswell

Regards
Tony

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

More
16 years 3 months ago #59366 by Swanner
Replied by Swanner on topic Re: Just a heads up for complete newbies
Nice one thanks. Hopefully get out and see it tonight.

Great to put a name to the moon aswell.

Cheers :)

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 3 months ago #59467 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Just a heads up for complete newbies
images in general are definatley better through the 20mm and without the barlow.

The Barlow makes the 20mm the same as a 10mm......but you know this already.

Holmes is nothing but a smudge against the background now...but you still know you are seeing a comet.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds