• Brian Richards
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
16 years 2 months ago #63251 by Brian Richards
Advise on a DSLR was created by Brian Richards
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a DSLR for imaging and wondered if I could get some advise on the Canon 350D and 400D.
Apart from the obvious advantage of the 400D over the 350D, is there any particular reason the 350D is the better choice for imaging ?
I've read in other posts here that mains power is not possible with the 400D but this can be cured with some higher power batteries, so it's things like this that I'd like to know before I buy.
I'd ideally like the 400D but maybe it's not the best choice.
Any advise would be great...

Many Thanks,

Brian.

Meade 10" LX200R
Meade ETX 125 PE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #63261 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Advise on a DSLR
I'm curious, you only seem to be considering Canon cameras. Is this because you have lots of lenses for Canons already? If not then I'd suggest having a look at the Nikon range too, they do fantastic cameras of equal quality to Canon but often cheaper.

I was convinced I wanted a Canon till I had a look at the Nikons and ended up buying a Nikon D40 (not a current model) and I love it. I've never gotten as much enjoyment out of a piece of technology before!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 2 months ago #63263 by eansbro
Replied by eansbro on topic Re: Advise on a DSLR
I have some old Nikon telephoto lenses, the manual type. What DSLR would be suitable?

Eamonn A

• Brian Richards
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
16 years 2 months ago #63265 by Brian Richards
Replied by Brian Richards on topic Re: Advise on a DSLR
Hi Bart,

I was going to get one from these guys www.dslr-astromod.co.uk/ and was put off by the long lead time to get a Nikon with Filter replacement.
They have Canon cameras ready to go and the price seems ok, that's the only reason I'm going Canon.

Brian.

Meade 10" LX200R
Meade ETX 125 PE

More
16 years 2 months ago #63266 by voyager

I have some old Nikon telephoto lenses, the manual type. What DSLR would be suitable?

Eamonn A

I'm pretty sure any Nikon DSLR would take the old Nikon SLR lenses. The difference will be that the old lenses won't auto-focus on the DSLR while modern lenses will.

Bart.

More
16 years 2 months ago #63267 by voyager

Hi Bart,

I was going to get one from these guys www.dslr-astromod.co.uk/ and was put off by the long lead time to get a Nikon with Filter replacement.
They have Canon cameras ready to go and the price seems ok, that's the only reason I'm going Canon.

Brian.

Ah ... I wouldn't be into that kind of modification myself. I mainly use my camera for regular photography and just venture into astrophotography from time to time.

Bart.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds