K-Tec

Hi

More
14 years 7 months ago #80647 by Carly
Replied by Carly on topic Re:Hi
Hi Paul, I am living just beside Drogheda, Co. Louth. i live more out of the town so i can see a perfect night sky on a clear night. is there any good makes of telescopes i should look into and ones to avoid? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #80648 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Hi
Hi Carly

Avoid nearly all the scopes you'll find on ebay, there might be a Meade or Celestron worth looking at. Scopes from photography shops are not good and definitely don't go near Tasco.

It might all sound confusing, when I first started some 25 years ago it was confusing, at times it still is, but the sheer range of scopes available out there now can make choosing very difficult.

I was looking at the IFAS map and there doesn't appear to be a club in your location, which is a little surprising. Perhaps other scope owners in the region can let you view through their equipment the next time they are out observing.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
14 years 7 months ago #80649 by Carly
25 years :lol: wow... I feel like such a baby on this site lol :blush: I really do not know a lot about Astronomy, but i am currently reading books and browsing the web. I noticed that i have a great interest in our sun, its mind blowing to think that without it there would not be life. Thanks for the telescope advice.

Im pretty sure I can see Venus at night as it is the brightest looking star in the night sky, so i would love to see it through a proper lens. I will check out Astronomy Ireland for Telescopes because i did have one from there but it was a gift and i do not remember the make... Thanks again.

More
14 years 7 months ago #80651 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic Re:Hi
Hi Carly,

You might want to check the 'For Sale' section of this site for a second hand scope, I have bought a few bits and bobs from the people here and there are some unbelievible offers going for practically new equipment! :)

Graham.

More
14 years 7 months ago #80659 by Carly
I did not know that, thanks a bunch i will have a look. :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #80665 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Re:Hi
Hi Carly,

What side of Drogheda are you on? I'm up in Grangebellew (between Dunleer and Clogherhead); I'd be happy to give you a look through a couple of binoculars and/or telescopes sometime if you'd like.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
-- Jeff.

Nikon 18x70s / UA Millennium                              Colorado:
Solarscope SF70 / TV Pronto / AP400QMD             Coronado SolarMax40 DS / Bogen 055+3130
APM MC1610 / Tak FC-125 / AP1200GTO               Tak Mewlon 250 / AP600EGTO

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds