K-Tec

Hi

More
14 years 7 months ago #80574 by Carly
Replied by Carly on topic Thanks
Thanks so much for your advice. Its great to know that people on this site are so helpful. Im glad I joined... Talk to you soon.:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #80575 by Carly
:laugh: Thanks

More
14 years 7 months ago #80576 by Carly
Replied by Carly on topic Re:Hi
Thanks for the tip. I have a 3 month old girl who is up during the night for feeds so i do be very tired. I slept it and im disapointed that i missed an amazing sight. :(

More
14 years 7 months ago #80577 by Carly
Thanks very much :)

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #80618 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:Hi
Welcome to the forums Carly. I'd echo the sentiment of using bino's for starting off (again!), but try a little bigger is my two cents worth - go for 10 X50's or 12 X 50's. You will want a telescope in the future - FACT! When that happens, go for an 8 inch Dobsonian - it's inexpensive with a good aperture for planetary details and deep space objects, easy to carry and assemble, and to use, and when the little one grows up, it will be just as easy for her albeit with your help to continue the hobby.

Any thing else we can help you with, just holler!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

More
14 years 7 months ago #80637 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Hi
Welcome Carly, the more members the better.

Find your local astronomy club and get involved, there you will find so many people only too willing to help and you can get to view through a wide variety of scopes and binos and that might give you a better idea of what you are looking for.

Where are you located by the way?

I'll echo the binos route, even if you become tired of astronomy, God forbid:laugh: , then you can use them for other purposes.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds