Hello - and can you help me with identifying Jupiter's moons

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
13 years 5 months ago #87267 by DaveGrennan
Seanie_Morris wrote:

Especially for Arsenal fans last night! :silly:

Oi!! Watch it Morris! Were just leading the rest into a false sense of security!

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #87269 by mykc
Have you heard the one about the Manchester City (replace with your least favourite Club) fan who tried to jump of the top of the main stand at old Trafford (replace with ground of your least favourite Club's local rivals)?

Well, the Old Trafford groundsman came in early one Friday morning to find a crowd of people staring at something on top of the stand. Looking up, he sees a man dressed in the blue of small local club Man City standing on top of the stand right at the edge of the 100 foot drop onto Sir Matt Busby Way.

"What the bloody hell are you doing up there" shouted the groundsman, "Get down before you fall and kill yourself". "That's exactly what I'm going to do" replied the City fan. "I've been supporting City since I was a lad, and in all that time they've never won anything". "They're rubbish, and yesterday's loss to Lech Poznan was the last straw." I've had enough, I can't take it any more, I'm going to kill myself."

The onlookers eventually persuaded the City fan that there was some hope, and he agreed to climb back down off the stand. When he was safely back on the ground the groundsman went up to him. "I'm puzzled" he said, "If you're a City fan, why did you come to Old Trafford to kill yourself?" "Why didn't you try to jump off the stand in Eastlands?"

(Wait for it.)

"Are you joking?" said the City fan. "Have you seen to queues over there!"

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by mykc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds