K-Tec

The Perseids

More
16 years 9 months ago #48845 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: The Perseids
The TAS SBQ (Star-B-Q!) will be on the Saturday night August 11th. Some of you have already said you'll be making the trip (from Limerick and Dublin, amongst other places). It seems to becoming the kind of 'informal' annual event (not including the 3 annual star parties) with which we can all come together and have a bit of craic.

Again, its' weather dependant though, and the long-range forecast is not making me very hopeful.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #48851 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: The Perseids
I always say I'll get there, but something always gets in the way, this year I'm heading to Spain 2 days later, so once again, I'm not sure, but I will make a definite effort to be there.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 9 months ago #48857 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: The Perseids

I always say I'll get there, but something always gets in the way, this year I'm heading to Spain 2 days later, so once again, I'm not sure, but I will make a definite effort to be there.

I've a wedding on saturday night in wexford, so its unlikely I'll be there.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

• Frank Ryan
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 9 months ago #49019 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: The Perseids
I'll secure the Saturday & Monday off work so.
That way I could make the star-b-q up with ye and also catch the Sunday night / Monday morning show down by the beach,West Clare direction.
Is the site a public area? whats the story with it?

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

More
16 years 9 months ago #49023 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: The Perseids
It's not a public area Frank. It is our own privately-owned acre of land about 1 mile down a country lane cum bog road, another mile outside of Tullamore town centre. Nice and desolate which helps against unwanted visitors. Actually, it is right at the end of the lane, and even at that, if you have never been there before, you'd give up and turn back before you would even see our Site!

We advertise it on the radio (morning show interview) and in the papers with an article about the Shower. Members of the public are welcome to join in, as our (IFAS) insurance covers us to hold such an event.

We should have the barbie supplied, with charcoal. It is just a bring your own food and what-not policy. We'll also have a campfire, so bring a camping chair and some brews to sit around before you'd retire to your tent for the night - at some stage. ;)

We have had some great fun in the past with it. Anywhere from 8 to 16 people have camped over, and about 30 visitors around the barbie/campfire one year. All in the name of fun!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 9 months ago #49026 by bertthebudgie
Replied by bertthebudgie on topic Re: The Perseids
Hi

Looking forward to it Seannie :lol: Hopefully the clouds be kind to us this year

DB

Eqipment
Lx90 8' SCT, UHC Narrowband filter
SPC900 Webcam, Atik 16ic
Astrozap Dew Heater
Meade eyepieces & barlows 9,26 and 32mm
Moonfish 32mm 2"

"Always pass to the man in space"

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds