K-Tec

Ireland map with clubs on it

More
17 years 2 months ago #40212 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Ireland map with clubs on it

I thought the idea was to have the map on the home page,where people can see at a glance what clubs are near them.

In that case it's limited to 200px wide.

How about a small version on the home page that you click on to go to the clubs page where you have the full-sized map? REplace the list on the home page with the small map. It would probably say more and look better than the list does.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #40213 by voyager
CSP announcement gone.

If people can send me the HTML (and CSS & JavaScript if any) and images for both a small 200px wide map for the home page and a big shinney do everything one for the clubs page then it's only a small job for me to merge them into the existing site ... well ... relatively small. The club details all come out of a database so they can be easily edited and are not hard-coded in so I'll have to add some fields for coordinates into the database but it's a lot less work for me if others can get a stand-alone version up and running!

Cheers for all the work you guys have put in so far!

Bart.

• dave_lillis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 2 months ago #40217 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Ireland map with clubs on it
thats great Bart,
How about this as the icon at the bottom left of the front page,

farm1.static.flickr.com/186/376364709_6604d06de7_o.jpg

click it and you go to the page with the big map (clubs page), what to you think ??
Its difficult to get a colour scheme that looks great with the main page colour scheme.

It up to you Trevor to come up with the big bells and whistles map with all the clubs in it,

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 2 months ago #40220 by voyager

thats great Bart,
How about this as the icon at the bottom left of the front page,

farm1.static.flickr.com/186/376364709_6604d06de7_o.jpg

click it and you go to the page with the big map (clubs page), what to you think ??
Its difficult to get a colour scheme that looks great with the main page colour scheme.

It up to you Trevor to come up with the big bells and whistles map with all the clubs in it,

Yea, something like that but perhaps with the clubs on it? And definitely more in tune with the colour scheme.

More
17 years 2 months ago #40221 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Ireland map with clubs on it
Well, I can tune up my map, add the blue sea, and remove the gold dots perhaps, just leave the labels? Is my one too big?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 2 months ago #40222 by TrevorDurity
Replied by TrevorDurity on topic Re: Ireland map with clubs on it
Howdy,

Managed to get the addresses of many of the clubs and integrated to the map + the marker icon is now using the IFAS one.

These are the clubs I could not get the correct information for. They are just linked to their town for the moment.

Deise - Dungarvan
Deise - Waterford
Sligo - No website?
Tullamore - not mapped!
DCU - No website?
Slaneyside - could not find any info on this

The others should probably be checked by someone in the relevant clubs just to make sure it's not off by much (most sites are just linked to their respective roads).

If this is OK I'll cut out the relevant bits for Bart to put on a new page. As the correct locations of the above clubs are found it's a small text change in the file to fix.

thelunarscape.com/ifasmap/

BTW the logo was just a quick & dirty one. Can be changed easily. Should be something around 30x35 or so. Will chat with Bart on this one.

Thanks,

Trev

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds