K-Tec

Another bulletin board ...

• pot268
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #19260 by pot268
Replied by pot268 on topic Funny Stuff
ROFL that has got to be some of the funnies stuff ever!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #20585 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: Another bulletin board ...
pot268???????

Anyway, Dave thanks for the kind words,

Michael Scully maintained the clubs website up until quite receintly, and an excellent job he did to. Mark Cahill is the new webmaster and is busy working behind the scenes on building a new site, this is something he expressed alot of interesting in doing and Michael Scully was grand with it also. All going well, it'll to be finished in the not too distant future.

I am now not living in Limerick and hence it is a little more difficult to keep up with the club news from afar. So when Mark expressed an intrest I was only too glad to let him at it.

I started the SAC website in 1998 as a project to learn HTML but I had never been really involved in the running of the club. It was great to be encouraged by the commitee members and enjoyed developing the site over the years. Hence I feel that it is important to encourage anyone who offers to help.

So to get back to the point of this thread I feel that should a club wish to setup its own bullitin board and some one is willing to put the sort of time and effort required (thank you Bart, John Honan, Galway!!) then no one should discourage them. Maybe we should have links on each board to the other boards, why not? We are not in compition, are we?

Michael Scully

• galwayskywatchers
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 4 months ago #20623 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Another bulletin board ...
Can i Just point out something to Shane Culleton before he starts pointing the finger at the Galway Bulliten Board, maybe he should open his eyes and look around the clubs and see just how many other boards there are, Astro 2, IAA, EAAS and care would he mention his own club KAS!!

If he cares to notice that individual clubs set up boards for there own members as we originally did, there was not much interaction on ours, some work others dont. The EAAS is an example of a busy club board which has many active club members.

Ronan Newman

Galway Astronomy Club

• spculleton
  • Topic Author
  • Super-Nova
  • Super-Nova
More
18 years 4 months ago #20659 by spculleton
Replied by spculleton on topic Re: Another bulletin board ...

Can i Just point out something to Shane Culleton before he starts pointing the finger at the Galway Bulliten Board, maybe he should open his eyes and look around the clubs and see just how many other boards there are, Astro 2, IAA, EAAS and care would he mention his own club KAS!!

If he cares to notice that individual clubs set up boards for there own members as we originally did, there was not much interaction on ours, some work others dont. The EAAS is an example of a busy club board which has many active club members.

Ronan Newman

Galway Astronomy Club

I originally began this thread bloody ages ago, more as a kind of musing on my part or a pondering on the issue of bulletin boards. At no stage did I intend it to cause offence or to annoy anyone, as it seems to have done. I brought up an observation. Nothing more. I did not insult anyone (quick double check) but instead attempted to provoke a discussion about the future and the development of this site.

I unreservedly apologise to anyone and everyone, be they members of these boards or of Galway AC, for pointing out that they have a bulletin board and that I think they don't necessarily need it. I've pointed out the same to members of other clubs that also have boards.

I have an opinion. I expressed it. I neither insulted nor implied insult to any club or any person. If anyone was offended through a misreading of my origional post dated 2 October 2004 and didn't take me up on it then, I still apologise.

Shane Culleton.

And a merry bloody Christmas to you too! :roll:

Shane Culleton.

Dozo Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds