K-Tec

Irish Astronomer Dave Grennan nets his 3rd supernova

More
10 years 20 hours ago #100611 by Fermidox
Many congratulations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 18 hours ago #100614 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Irish Astronomer Dave Grennan nets his 3rd supernova
Many congratulations David! That discovery is just reward for all your hard work and dedication. I noticed on a circular that it was magnitude 17.6!

More photos by other observers at www.rochesterastronomy.org/snimages/ ... search for "David Grennan" in your browser and it will go to the relevant part of the page.

Clear skies and may those discoveries continue rolling in!

John

More
10 years 17 hours ago #100615 by dmcdona
I was driving into work especially early today and heard on he headlines at 7am that an Irish astronomer had discovered something new. I figured that since I've done bugger all recently, there could only be one culprit :-) Unfortunately, I missed actual news item but I got the RTE web piece.

The fact that Dave could add to the SN knowledge pool (and will undoubtedly continue to do so) is pretty much a done deal at this stage and a testament to many years of hard work, strong cups of tea and pure dedication. For me, the most remarkable aspect is that fact that it was done with a home-made telescope. Extraordinary. And I have to say, looking at the discovery image, it looks like a cracker of a scope.

Dave - your perseverance, dedication and attention to detail is amazing. You truly are a credit to Irish Astronomy and I for one am so proud of and for you. Many, many congratulations.

All I need now to top the perfect day is a Newcastle win ;-)

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris

More
10 years 16 hours ago #100616 by martinus
Looking forward to the details, Dave.

Small request, purely for my own interest, could you fix your link to your equipment list when you get back to earth? ;)

I get a 404 when I try to follow it.

More
10 years 13 hours ago #100620 by tony h
Dave if you continue at this rate there will be nothing left for the rest of us poor mortals.
Just amazing, well done and well deserved.

More
10 years 11 hours ago #100621 by dmcdona

dmcdona wrote:
All I need now to top the perfect day is a Newcastle win ;-)

Dave

Oh well, perfect end to *your* perfect day Dave :-)

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds