K-Tec

Astromart charges

More
16 years 10 months ago #46823 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Astromart charges

Although my description was based on memory alone, I am quite comfortable with the accuracy of my recollection.

Oh I'm not doubting you at all Anthony. Just pointing out that they don't tell you why they want $12 when you go through the registration process.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #46825 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Astromart charges
Hi Al,

I just checked various locations on Astromart including a couple of forums and the listings (many announcements are placed as listings) and came up dry.

I apologize for not being able to find the actual message with the announcement ... and which included the "rationale" behind the $12 charge.

From what I recall, a message was posted in advance for existing users to make any changes to their accounts as soon as possible since changes in the future would incur the one-time $12 fee. For example, if you were to change your address ... or zip code ... or telephone number.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 10 months ago #46837 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Astromart charges
I've been an astromart member for years, so it didnt apply to me.

As for going unnoticed, I suggest you look at this thread. www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic....t+death&start=15

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 10 months ago #46846 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Astromart charges

I've been an astromart member for years, so it didnt apply to me.

As for going unnoticed, I suggest you look at this thread. www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic....t+death&start=15

Hi Al,

I just checked various locations on Astromart including a couple of forums and the listings (many announcements are placed as listings) and came up dry.

I apologize for not being able to find the actual message with the announcement ... and which included the "rationale" behind the $12 charge.

From what I recall, a message was posted in advance for existing users to make any changes to their accounts as soon as possible since changes in the future would incur the one-time $12 fee. For example, if you were to change your address ... or zip code ... or telephone number.

Well, between Anto's and Dave's posts above, that's a load of cock and bull for Astromart! Seems they can't get their story straight at all! Charge or no charge? Existing or new 'subscribers'? Change profile details to be charged or not? Well, I'm not going to join again anytime soon for a poxy $12 - there are PLENTY of free astro buy and sell sites on the web that I have even seen Astromart buyers and sellers trade in, so I don't think I will be missing out THAT much for not paying $12! :D

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 10 months ago #46857 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Astromart charges
If it was a real deterrent for stopping spammers, them why not give back to 12$ after a month or 2 if you are a genuine astromarter ??
If its for running the site, then come clean and say so.

I wont be changing my profile there anytime soon. :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 3 months ago #60904 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Astromart charges
I know, I'm resurrecting an old thread, but it's still relevant.

Having continually tried to (a) get onto Astromart, and (b) try to retrieve my password, still nothing happens.

And get this... click on the Help & FAQ section and it STILL says "Help section coming soon". To get into the forums to ask for help, I have to register ($12). After that, there's no way to contact them from the website. So, I am completely stuck at square 1.

Can any of you who are active users of Astromart mind seeing if there is something in their forums for a solution to the problems at the beginning of this thread?

:?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds