• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 10 months ago #46806 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Astromart charges
Bart

On their website it states that Astromart is provided courtesy of Anacortes Telescope & Wild Bird. Are they not a business the same as AI?

I can only imagine the vitriol and venom that would be spilled on these pages if AI opened a web site to sell astro equipment and then charged to use it.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #46813 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Astromart charges

Bart

On their website it states that Astromart is provided courtesy of Anacortes Telescope & Wild Bird. Are they not a business the same as AI?

I can only imagine the vitriol and venom that would be spilled on these pages if AI opened a web site to sell astro equipment and then charged to use it.

Paul

Astronomy Ireland is supposed to be a club. Are you mixing them up with the confusingly similar and almost impossible to tell appart company Astronomy & Space Ltd?

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 10 months ago #46817 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Astromart charges
Let's try and keep on topic lads i.e. Astromart.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 10 months ago #46819 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Astromart charges
Sorry Michael :(

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
16 years 10 months ago #46820 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Astromart charges

With the old system, each new applicant had to be processed and confirmed manually. The new system in effect is a means to ease the load surrounding new accounts.

It doesn't say that anywhere in the application/registration process though. And I don't think an address check costs $12. If they want to charge for the service then thats fine, but a better explanation of what the $12 is for should go up on the site.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 10 months ago #46822 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Astromart charges
Al,

It may be worth going through their news items. Although my description was based on memory alone, I am quite comfortable with the accuracy of my recollection.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds